Food intolerance and food allergies affect many people and can cause a range of unpleasant symptoms that disrupt daily life. These symptoms include painful bloating, stomach cramps, diarrhea and constipation amongst others.
Dietary treatment for sufferers can be highly effective in reducing the severity and frequency of these symptoms.
David Finnin is experienced in dealing with a range of food allergies and intolerance and can help you identify and remove problem foods. Some more common approaches are described below.
The low FODMAPs diet, made famous by Sue Shepherd and Peter Gibson, has been thoroughly tested and shown to be a highly effective treatment for IBS sufferers.
What is the low FODMAPs diet?
FODMAPs is an acronym that stands for a range of short-chain sugars that are found in many common foods. These sugars when poorly digested will cause painful symptoms such as bloating and stomach cramps. When implementing this diet it’s important to get the support of a Dietitian who has experience with low FODMAPs as it can be tricky. David Finnin specialises in this area and has helped many sufferers become symptom free.
Natural Food Chemicals
In many cases digestive symptoms can be worsened in the presence of naturally occurring food chemicals. Examples of these include salicylates, amines and glutamines. These can also cause skin irritation, breathing difficulty and lethargy. David can help identify this and provide an appropriate dietary plan to reduce symptoms.
How We Can Help
- Become informed about different types of foods and how they cause symptoms. Identify the foods most likely causing your symptoms
- Receive a thorough list of foods to avoid together with a diet plan including tasty recipes, snack ideas and a guide when eating out
- Learn about what to look for on food labels and which commercial food products to avoid
- Be guided through food challenges and identify the foods to which you are most sensitive
- Most importantly our goal is for you to live symptom free!